cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oatsi
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

windows 7 firewall is attempting to block most web sites is there a setting for this? Thank you

HP Recommended
hp pavilion slimline
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

This has just recently started Within the last 2-3 weeks, most of these websites i've been using for years.

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,994
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@oatsi

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I Understand the windows 7 firewall is blocking most of your websites,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help you, although, to provide an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern: 

Did you try running the program as administrator to check if it works?

have you attempted a system restore to point in time, you didn't have these issues?

While you respond to that, here's what you should know:

The issue could have been caused by the security settings changed on the user profile.
You may either create a new security setting, log in with the new user profile to install the printer or Turn off the UAC from the control panel and Restart the PC.

Here are the steps to configure UAC settings:

Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type UAC, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click OK

if you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation