Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

using HDMI port connected to monitor, no signal. this PC only one HDMI port. The monitor is for HDMI cable.  when I connect my laptop, it works. but when I connect to All-in-one PC, there is no signal.  I did download the driver for the monitor. when I using setting. it shows 1, and 2. if I click the 1, it shows. when I click the 2, no sign. (display not detect). please help me to resolve this issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, that is an input.  It will not extend the desktop for an external monitor.  You can use the device I mentioned in an earlier post for an extra/additional monitor, however.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

To get proper help, the model number of the AIO is needed.  Some AIO's with HDMI have that port enabled to be an input. (so the monitor screen can be used with some other devices)  So using a HDMI connection on that port will not give you an output for a different monitor.  If that is how the AIO that you have, is setup, then an external monitor can still be connected using a device similar to this:

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Graphics-Multiple-Monitors-2560x1440/dp/B01C6HBJOA

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

HP Omni 27 PC. Serial No 2MD25002BC

PRODUCT NO C1B23AV#ABA

HP Recommended

Looking at the support documents for that model seems to indicate the HDMI port found in the manual, page 6,  with a picture

The right side of your computer may contain an HDMI port and volume control buttons

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03249321

So that is an input, for connecting something to use the PC screen, such as a gaming console.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

YES, I did check the manual. but how this would help me? I connect right side the HDMI port using HDMI cable. there is no signal into monitor. if I use this same HDMI cable connect to my laptop. it is OK

HP Recommended

you mean my PC that HDMI is the input. it would not for extended monitor

HP Recommended

Yes, that is an input.  It will not extend the desktop for an external monitor.  You can use the device I mentioned in an earlier post for an extra/additional monitor, however.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.