Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 690-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Pavilion 690-0024: Ryzen 2400G, Radeon 580 4gb, 8g RAM, 128 + 1 TB. Acer R240HY monitor + connected using HDMI cables (Wirelogic 4K UHD - 18Gbps).

Brand new + nothing saved in storage.

Was working fine for an hour until I used HP Assistant to update the Radeon 580 drivers. The screen went black and the screen now goes black at start-up right after seeing the HP logo. The computer is functioning but the screen is black.

Have tried a hard reset. Only have access to BIOS.  One Youtuber suggested enabling UEFI Boot but I can’t find it in the F10 start up BIOS. Would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Fixed but I’m not sure how.

Didn’t realize that F11 would get you into system restore - a function missing from the not a real “Bios” in F10.

Using the save files option, I was able to “reset” the computer. Not sure if the Radeon driver has been overwritten to an older version or not. The only apps removed were MS update for x64, MS Visual C++ app, MS Onedrive and mouse driver (that is still there).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.