Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5541 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

I had to reset my printer by removing the power cable et cetera. I have refitted the power cable and when I press print, I get an error message “cannot print”.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @LittleVic,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you're experiencing an "Cannot print" error message on your HP ENVY 5541 All-In-One Printer after a reset, there are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue. Here's a step-by-step guide.

Check Connection:

• Ensure that all cables are securely connected to the printer and the power source.
  • Make sure the USB or wireless connection between your computer and the printer is stable.

Restart Printer and Computer:

• Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cable.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Reconnect the power cable and turn on the printer.

Check for Paper Jams:

• Open the printer access door and check for any paper jams.
  • Remove any jammed paper carefully.

Check Ink Cartridges:

• Ensure that the ink cartridges are properly installed and have sufficient ink.
  • If the cartridges are low, consider replacing them.

Update or Reinstall Printer Drivers:

• Outdated or corrupted printer drivers can cause printing issues.
  • Visit the official HP website to download and install the latest drivers for your printer model.

Reset Print Spooler:

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
  • Type "services.msc" and press Enter.
  • Scroll down to find the "Print Spooler" service.
  • Right-click on it and select "Restart."

Check Print Queue:

• Open the print queue on your computer to ensure that there are no pending print jobs.
  • Cancel any stuck or pending print jobs.

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor:

• HP provides a diagnostic tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor. Download and run this tool to identify and fix printing issues automatically.

Reinstall Printer:

• Remove the printer from your computer's devices and printers.
  • Reinstall the printer using the latest drivers.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.