Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
TG01-0211a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just bought this computer and have set it up fine, but I want to set up a second monitor. There was only one HDMI port in the row along the back of the computer. There was another one behind a black plastic plug, so I removed the plug and connected  the second monitor there, but it's not working. Thinking that HDMI port might be an "in" rather than "out"? Anyway, it surprises me there isn't another HDMI port for a second (or third) monitor for a gaming computer. Is there something I am missing. There is a D-shaped port on the back as well, but I don't know what that is and the quick setup doesn't explain. Can someone help?!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

According to the spec page that PC comes with a discrete graphics card: AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 Graphics

The HDMI output that was covered is from the motherboard output, which are not active with a discrete graphics card installed.

The graphics card has more outputs that can be used for a second monitor but they happen to be DisplayPorts.  Here is a picture of a graphics card outputs.  The ones that are not HDMI are to the left in that photo and are DisplayPorts

2020-07-29 08_34_48-Window.png

They can easily be used with an appropriate cable.  DisplayPort to HDMI

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-DisplayPort-Compatible-Computers/dp/B005H3I38Q

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.