Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Z24n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just recently purchased two Z24n Monitors. I have connected one monitor with a DVI-D (Dual Link) cable to the DVI-D (Dual Link) input into the monitor. My video card (GTX 550 TI or 560 TI, can't quite remember at the moment) has one DVI-I (Dual Link) out put. 

When I boot up the computer the auto dectect on the monitor recognizes a DVI connection and automatically sets the input to that. However, it eventually goes blank and says to check the signal or cable. I moved the cable to my old monitor which has a DVI (can't remember if it's I or D or if it's dual link) and it shows my windows desktop perfectly. 

I have tried both monitors using the DVI-D (Dual Link) and neither of them work but my old monitor continues to work flawlessly.

What could be my issue here?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

a couple of suggestion for you.

According to Wikipedia about the max resolution supported by Single or Dual link DVI cable, the Z24n max resolution (1920x1200) could be driven also with a Single Link DVI cable, as alternative to Dual Link DVI cable.

As the Z24n is not sold by HP with DVI cable included, do you have another DVI cable to try  ?

Which is the resolution of the working monitor , its' the same of the Z24n or different ?

Using the working monitor and Nvidia driver try to set the Refresh rate, usually around 50/60 Hz to a different value and see what happens when you will connect the Z24n

Bye

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.