Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop TP01-2165z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a Pavilion Desktop TP01-2165z with dual monitors.  Before purchasing I chatted with Customer Service and verified that the system can be used with two monitors.  I also asked if I needed to purchase anything extra to set up the second monitor and was told no.  In fact, there is not a second video connection on the computer.  I chatted with support and was told I had to use the pay service to get the answer to this question.  That's ridiculous.  How do I set up 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
from what i can see your screens may not match, but there should be two connectors

https://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/c07496573

Motherboard Specifications

Back I/O ports

• (1) HDMI 1.4b/HDCP 2.2 port
  • (1) VGA port

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes there are two cables.  One HDMI which I used for the first monitor and the other a display port.  The computer has HDMI and VGA.  

HP Recommended

Ok, I have already done the adapter test, but not in VGA!
So I can't advise you what exactly to use.
You need an adapter, converter in order to be able to connect a screen in hdmi, or display

if not, the computer does not have a graphics card, but problem I do not see any information about the power supply module, maybe only 180w
you could install a small graphics card, not too powerful

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The monitor has a VGA connector also.  Can't I just get a VGA cable?

HP Recommended

No it will not work

you need a device that will convert the signal

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.