Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2311x Monitor

My monitor recently started continuously cycling off and on every 10-15 seconds. I followed the instructions on dealing with this posted last year when someone apparently had the same issue, but nothing has worked for me. I'm not sure what to do.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

tried a new HDMI cable?

HP Recommended

I tried that. I'd also had this particular monitor plugged in directly to my laptop. I switched it to the docking station with no luck. I've tried restarting the computer, doing a factory reset on the monitor, giving the monitor a rest, and such, but nothing so far. 

I wonder if it's just gone bad. I was thinking of replacing it anyway since I'm putting all of my monitors up on arms, and this one is not vesa compatible, so it's still on its base on the desk. I honestly don't remember how long I've had it. I was just given hope by the fact that someone posted last year with the same issue. I thought it might be resolvable and I can put off spending money on a new monitor right now.

HP Recommended

We’re you able to get a monitor 

HP Recommended

I have been waiting for someone here to tell me whether or not my existing monitor is a lost cause. Is my HP monitor just toast?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.