Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2509m
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I attached my HP 2509m monitor to this desktop PC, the monitor will turn on for like 1-2 seconds and then switched off. With the PC still on, I swapped with a good monitor and I can see my Windows 7 desktop, so I'm pretty sure the HP monitor is not working as I repeated this at least three times with HP and my other monitor. I then shine a LED flashlight to the blank monitor and I can see the Windows 7 desktop silhouette, so at least I think the LCD panel is still working. If the backlight  CFL light source is not working, I shouldn't be a able to see the Windows 7 desktop momentarily for 1-2 secs as shown in the video link below, so I'm guessing it could be the electronic components.

See attached video of the problem: https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/l53cpb.

Any idea?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@pututu,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Let's try to perform a Hard reset and perform a factory reset on the Monitor. 

Step 1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the monitor and the wall
Step 2. Hold the power button down for at least one minute
Step 3. Plug the power cord back into the monitor and then into the wall outlet (not a power bar or surge protector)
Step 4. Press the Menu button on the monitor
Step 5. Navigate to the Factory Reset option and select it

If the above steps did not resolve your issue you can try the monitor on a computer or other device to see if the issue persists. If it does I think it would be best to contact our HP support team for repair options.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.