Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Here is my story.. I have an HP w2408h display with an auto rotate feature. I FINALLY bought a new computer after 10 years or so and plugged my display in.  I hadnt tried to rotate my screen until I got some cool pictures of myself that I wanted to see a bit bigger.  My computer already went through several updates of windows 10.  Once I tried to rotate my screen by autorotate, it did not rotate.  Now I can manually do it, by selecting the orientation in the personalize section of desktop, but since I knew it used to autorotate, I wouldnt accept this as an answer.  So after installing the driver from HP, it didnt work.  I did research and found the Portrait Displays site and found an update.  Yayyyyyyyyyy It worked..until early tonight.

Windows did another update, and the autodisplay no longer tilted.

I went to the Portrait site again and downloaded what I thought was the driver.  There are two of them floating on that site.

The first one did not work and was titled MyDisplay_Setup.exe

I some how managed to find another one MyDisplayCE_Setup.exe.  This one got everything up and running again.  I can no longer even find the UPGRADE link that I once saw earlier tonight, and now all links that brought me to the 1st download, brought me to the 2nd one after clicking again.  Maybe Im losing my mind, but apparently there are a few versions out there doing this.  BTW, I don't have the Windows 10 anniversary addition, just a version of windows 10 64 bit.  My new software for Portrait displays is v 2.22.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.