Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
1QX50EA#AB8
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I could not find any software that allows me to turn the lights off.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings @eBERKEd

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to know the procedure to turn off the LED lights on your computer, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Are you facing any issues with your computer?

Found this HP Article for you, where it explains the procedure to use HP Omen Control to disable lights on the desktop. 

Let me know if this helped.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Omen Control for the 880 doens't have any options for adjusting the lighting of the case.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and checking the Omen Control as suggested. 

I forgot to mention that Omen control might not respond with all models to control the light. 

As you have mentioned that the Omen control is not allowing you to control the light. 

You can open the casing of the computer and disconnect the LED wires or contact our phone support to check on the service options. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, do you know how to enter the Bios?

HP Recommended

Good afternoon to all

I bought an omen 880-103nl

I want to disconnect the led wires (that are under the graphic card) but they are very difficult to remove and i am frightened to break them. 

How can I do?

Thanks to all

HP Recommended

You can refer to the motherboard layout for the connectors for the LED lights

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c05811928

To access to the connectors, you can remove the graphics card by disconnecting the power cables to the graphics card, removing the metal bracket holding the graphics card then remove it from the PCIe slot.  From here, you should be able to access the LED lights connectors easily.

I am an HP employee, supporting the HP Experts who volunteer their time and technical knowledge to help others. br>
Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.