12-16-2012 05:43 PM
The amount of video memory will vary for the Intel HD integrated graphics processor if you are not using a discrete video card. See this Intel posted information.
Some discrete video cards can be upgraded to add more video memory but these cards are rare.
If you are using integrated graphics then consider using a discrete video card to gain more video memory. The newer video cards usually start at 1GB and go to 4GB.
12-16-2012 07:46 PM
Sometimes in the Bios you can change the dedicated graphics memory 32mb, 64, 128, etc . But really if you are looking for better graphics, a graphics card is the way to go.
If you are looking to decrease the amount used, it may be possible to enter the bios at start up and possibly lower it in there.
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)