Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-ac600 Notebook PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I was using my laptop to extend to a second monitor or TV via HDMI all the time. 

One day, it just stopped working. 

I tried solutions such as going inot the display settings, but it woulnd't detect a second monitor or TV. I tried updating drivers, but the system said I have the latest ones. 

So last night I did a system reset. After the system reset my computer extended to a second monitor....UNTIL I shut down my computer. After turning it on again, now it doesnt extend or detect a second monitor or tv again! I just dont udnerstand. 

I really need to be able to extend to a second monitor in order to b able to work from home properly. 

Something to note - when i went on the autmated HP assistant it said my laptop model is 15-ac600 Notebook PC series

However as per below it actually appear to be model 16-ac613TU

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

20200311_121406.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rs8601,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to extend the display on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

• Are you using any display adapters or splitters?
  • Have you tested the HDMI port connecting a different device?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then run a test on the HDMI port following the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks for your help. 

""Are you using any display adapters or splitters?"

No, just a HDMI cable 

"Have you tested the HDMI port connecting a different device?"

Yes, I tried connecting it to our TV and that didn't work either. 

I downloaded and installed the BIOS driver. 

I also installed a graphics drivers - however 8 graphics drivers come up for my laptop, should I be trying to isntall them all? I tried to install the newest dated driver, but wasn't able to - I got an error message saying @your computer doens't meet the minimu requirements for installing this software". Therefore I installed the oldest available driver which was "AMD/Intel Switchable High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver"

Unofrtunately after installing BIOS and the graphics driver above, I am still not able to extend to a second monitor via HDMI. 

As I mentioned in my original message, after reinstalling windows via HP's software I was able to extend to a second monitor the first time after installing. However, once I shut down my computer and turned it on again extending to a second monitor no longer works and a second monitor is not detected. 

No hardware issues were detected. 

If you have any other suggestions to try it would be much appreciated. 

Below are all the graphics drivers that come up for my laptp, let me kno wif I should be trying to install others

AMD/Intel Switchable High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver
15.201.1101.0 Rev.A 380.8 MB Jan 29, 2016 Download
uncheck
Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver
20.19.15.4360 Rev.A 176.2 MB Jan 29, 2016 Download
uncheck
Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver - Bay Trail-M
10.18.10.4252 Rev.A 124.1 MB Aug 7, 2015 Download
uncheck
Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver - Braswell (Windows 10 v1709)
20.19.15.4835 Rev.A 204.4 MB Feb 20, 2018 Download
uncheck
Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver - Broadwell (Windows 10 v1709)
20.19.15.4835 Rev.A 204.4 MB Feb 20, 2018 Download
uncheck
Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver - Broadwell/Skylake
10.18.15.4274 Rev.A 174.7 MB Sep 1, 2015 Download
uncheck
Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver - Haswell / Broadwell (Windows 10 v1803)
20.19.15.5058 Rev.A 204.4 MB Nov 21, 2018 Download
uncheck
Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver - Skylake (Windows 10 v1709)
22.20.16.4815 Rev.A 279.1 MB Feb 20, 2018 Download
uncheck

THanks, 

HP Recommended

@rs8601 To confirm, does the HDMI cable work fine with an alternate device? And did you check if any other HDMI cable works?

Also, could you create a new user account and check if that works, as that should resolve any software conflicts on the device.

Keep us posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.