Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP - 24f 23.8" IPS LED FHD FreeSync Monitor (HDMI, VGA) - Natural Silver
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased an HP monitor in June 2020 and have been having problems off and on since - but it's recently come to such a head that the monitor has been essentially rendered useless. I have plugged it into multiple computers with the same outcome - after 5-10 minutes the monitor goes black and blinks on and off repeatedly until I turn it off. The only resolution I've found is to jam enough crap under the HDMI cable that's plugged into the monitor to prevent it from blinking *as* frequently. So, the hack job I did is essentially forcing the cable up and in? I have no idea.

I recognize this is a bit of boomer engineering, but at the moment it's the best I can do.

Regrettably, I ignored the reviews on Amazon etc. that alluded to this very problem. I checked HP's website for driver updates, and the only ones I could find were from 2018, presumably not relevant now? I really like this monitor otherwise. It's the perfect size, the base is stable and doesn't take up a tremendous amount of space, and it's a decent price - but this experience has put me off HP monitors unfortunately.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.