Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product name : HP Pavilion All-in-One 27-xa0xxx

Since i purchased this (overpriced) model, i have been very disappointed on a number of levels. My immediately grip is that when i place icons or apps on my desktop, they all look the same, all generic. 

My previous hp all-in-one did not have this problem.  When i placed my bank icon, airline icon, or whatever icon on my pc,  it showed, almost without exception, that entity's unique logo. Why is this no longer happening? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks for any feedback.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ed132

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please try these steps

1 Open a Command Prompt. Click Start > Type CMD > Right click on it and run as Administrator

2. Copy and paste each command below one at a time into the command prompt, and press Enter after each command.

ie4uinit.exe -show

taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F

DEL /A /Q "%localappdata%\IconCache.db"

DEL /A /F /Q "%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\iconcache*"

shutdown /r /f /t 00

The computer will restart. Let me know how it goes

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Krazytoad. Thanks for your reply. Sorry but | am not the most tech savvy. I don't know what you mean by opening a command prompt. Not sure how/where to follow your steps. Can you elaborate?

Thank You

Ed

HP Recommended

To open the Command Prompt, Click Start and type CMD, in the list you will see Command Prompt > Right click on it and select run as Administrator

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello KrazyToad,

I did as you instructed and I tried to reset an icon and it did not work. On my old HP model, if i wanted to place an icon on my desktop, i would simply go to the website and right clic. A menu would appear and i would clic 'creat shortcut'  The icon, in most cases would show that entities logo.  But that was with internet explorer. Now that i do not use internet explorer any more, I have not been able to set up my icons as before. Very disappointing. Any further suggestions?

ed

HP Recommended

@ed132 

I understand your concern.

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support. They will take the remote control and resolve the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.