Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z43
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi!

When you connect the Macbook Pro 15 2016 through the port USB-C on the rear panel, the monitor does not detect the source of the signal, the Macbook is charging. I use a working original cable. What could be the problem?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I have the same problem with Macbook  Pro15 2017 and Macbook Pro mid 2018 13" with High Sierra

I have tried different cables

USB-C VIDEO DOES NOT WORK

INPUT SIGNAL NOT FOUND

DisplayPort on the display to USB-C via cable to Macbook works however, but not direct usb-c to usb-c

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem, with new Macbook Pro 2018. USB video output doesn't work with Z43. Using original Apple USB cable.

Is the monitor broken??

HP Recommended

Confirming same issue 

HP Recommended

It doesnt work with USB-C Apple cable, you need to use USB-C cable provided by HP with the monitor.

Tested with two HP Z43 monitors and Macbook Pro 2018

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.