Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One PC 27-ca1000i (4N5D8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Second monitor (extended from main monitor) was working fine on my old Dell Windows 10 and on this new HP Pavilion it shuts off after working fine for a while and Windows Display says "not detected."  It is an old second monitor connected to the HDMI port with a VGA to HDMI connector.  I powered it down, I checked the cables -- all fine.  I ran the HP Assist "Video Extended Memory Check" for the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770 and it said that it is up to date.   When I unplugged and replugged the  HDMI connector this morning, the second monitor was on fine for hours.  Yesterday, when I put the computer on sleep, the second monitor wouldn't come back on.  So today, I didn't put it on sleep, I just walked away to do other things.  After 30 minutes, when my main HP Pavilion monitor shut off as I've set in the power functions, when I shook the mouse to wake it up the main monitor came back on but the second monitor has not and Windows 11 Display is again saying "not detected."   I don't know what else to do.  I should not have to disconnect and reconnect the HDMI connector to get a second monitor on all the time.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.