9 3 0 0
Message 1 of 17
Flag Post

Still having touchscreen issues

HP Recommended
22-b065na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

For the past 6 months or so I've been without touchscreen factility which I loathe, it's the reason I brought this PC for its touchscreen feature but not it's just a plain monitor. Typical that it happened when I was out of warranty after the update *chuckles* how convenience... 

I went through all walkthroughs via HP site, updated BIOS - ran Hardware Diagnostics UEFI (it didnt list Touch Screen in the Component Test section). 

The device manager doesn't display the HID-compliant touch screen, but it does show up in the 'View hidden files'. No rollback option is there, tried to update it but it tells me that I've got the most updated version. No option to enable to disable it. 

It says No pen or touch input is available for this display. In Tablet PC Settings, the configure section 'setup' is grayed out.. What gives? 

Firmware been updated few months ago. 

Seem to happened after the April Win 10 Update. I know that not only my  All in Ones PC is affected, it affected to other branded PC so I'm assuming it's not a hardware failure but a software failure. 

How to I find a touch screen driver for this PC please? I've been trying to find answers via here and trawling google - all I get is so many people having the same touch screen issues. There's no SINGLE driver for touchscreen available for this? There one driver for touchscreen ILITEK Touchscreen Firmware, but my PC doesnt support that so why is it listed in my PC specs/software driver download section?  That's not on :o\

All I know is that when I brought this from PC World, it was already shipped as Win 10, but looking at it's system info I think it used to be Win 8.1, if that is the case - is there anywhere I can find the touchscreen driver somewhere in its old folder or whatever it's hidden in? 

I really do hope someone have an solution for me to go through. 

Thanks,

Traci 

16 REPLIES 16
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,953 2,592
Message 2 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Traci74,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Awesome job on diagnosing the issue correctly and performing smart troubleshooting before posting your question on HP forums. Kudos to you on that score. 

I would like to inform you that the touchscreen uses Windows driver. I recommend you run all the Windows updates (Including optional) and check whether the issue is resolved.

If you continue to face the issue, download and install the firmware from the below link and test.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79280.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Traci74
Author
Level 1
9 3 0 0
Message 3 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@The_Fossette wrote:

@Traci74,

I would like to inform you that the touchscreen uses Windows driver. I recommend you run all the Windows updates (Including optional) and check whether the issue is resolved.

If you continue to face the issue, download and install the firmware from the below link and test.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp79001-79500/sp79280.exe

Hello, 

Thanks for getting back to me, and with a solution, but as I said in my 1st post the ILITEK Touchscreen driver isnt compatiable for my PC this what comes up "This touch panel IC firmware update is for ILITEK only.
Please ignore this firmware update program and exit this program." I did try again, but still giving me the same message. I have ran the Windows Updater and the only thing they could find update is for the Windows 10, nothing for touchscreen. 

0 Kudos
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,953 2,592
Message 4 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Traci74,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you perform a reset on the computer follow the steps in the below artilce and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-Ultrabook-6-1000/5269319/document/c04742289

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
aswise76
Level 2
14 13 0 3
Message 5 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Some people have done this and still have the problem - I’m reluctant to reset and lose my apps and settings and still have the same problem 

Traci74
Author
Level 1
9 3 0 0
Message 6 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bit drastic to reset the PC when it's only ONE driver that is needed. It's not just me having the problem as I've noticed that HP and other branded PC/Laptop getting the same missing touchscreen driver/option. I've no desire to lose my installed and apps - I agree with aswise. What HP need to do is to make a touchscreen driver for us to install. C'mon. I've seen poor people had to part some money (due to out of warranty) just to replace the motherboard when it wasnt an isolated problem - I'm thinking they only resetted it and installed all the drivers that was available to them...

We soooooo need touchscreen driver! 

0 Kudos
aswise76
Level 2
14 13 0 3
Message 7 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Traci74 wrote:

Bit drastic to reset the PC when it's only ONE driver that is needed. It's not just me having the problem as I've noticed that HP and other branded PC/Laptop getting the same missing touchscreen driver/option. I've no desire to lose my installed and apps - I agree with aswise. What HP need to do is to make a touchscreen driver for us to install. C'mon. I've seen poor people had to part some money (due to out of warranty) just to replace the motherboard when it wasnt an isolated problem - I'm thinking they only resetted it and installed all the drivers that was available to them...

We soooooo need touchscreen driver! 

I agree!! I actually just did the reset last night and I am still working on loading back all my apps and things I need - all windows updates all hp updates - still nothing!! A big waste of time - just still pissed that the touchscreen and camera do not work - someone out there needs to have a fix to this - seems so simple - but i do not want to call HP and paying for service since I am out of contract and they still may not be able to fix the issue - so frustrating!@

0 Kudos
aswise76
Level 2
14 13 0 3
Message 8 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Has anyone come up with a solution for us? its been over a year and still the same issues are apparent!! Now the only difference is when I go to device manager my touch screen and camera are there but in a grayed out state - I tried to run scan for hardware changes, restarted the PC and still nothing. When I go to about screen in settings still shows that I do not have a  touchscreen computer which is crazy!! Please reply with any help - and also - I have updated bios, reset the whole pc , lost apps had to reinstall and took out an HP care pack that I paid monthly for which I have now cancelled - since no one could help!  I have an HP all-in-one 22-B048 - another random question - is the touch screen linked to a usb for the keyboard and mouse - I only ask because I no longer have the original keyboard and mouse that came with the PC - I have since replaced - could that have something to do with it - I don't think so but at this point worth asking!

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,618 3,993
Message 9 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@aswise76 You are right, it has nothing to do with the touchscreen issues, that said, I needed to know if you checked the touchscreen on BIOS Screen to see if it works?

• As this would help us determine if this is either a software or hardware related issue, hence I request you tap on F10 during a PC restart and check if you can use the touch feature to select options outside windows.
  • If it doesn't work, this could be a hardware malfunction.
  • If it works, please use the HP website to download the drivers from your windows user account, here's the link: Click here to download > Found it on this website: Click here to view.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out

I will have a colleague follow-up on this to ensure it's taken care off, in case you don't respond in the next 24-48hrs,

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge and have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
aswise76
Level 2
14 13 0 3
Message 10 of 17
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks I will try that but also have to add that my touchscreen randomly worked last night for just about 5 minutes and back to grayed our state on device manager.... again very strange 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation