Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have a hp tp01 3003w and I’m wondering about compatible gaming video cards and power supplies. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Cassauggie,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-3003w PC likely comes with a standard power supply and a compact form factor, so you'll need to consider the physical size of the graphics card and the power requirements of both the existing components and the potential graphics card upgrade.

Here are some general guidelines:

Form Factor: Check the physical dimensions of the available space inside your desktop case. Smaller form factor cases may have limitations on the size of the graphics card that can fit.

Power Supply: Check the wattage and available connectors on your power supply. Gaming graphics cards often require additional power connectors, and you need to make sure your power supply can handle the increased load. Upgrading to a higher wattage power supply might be necessary for more powerful GPUs.

GPU Length: Ensure that the graphics card you choose will physically fit inside your case. Measure the available space to confirm the maximum length your case can accommodate.

PCI Express Slot: Most modern graphics cards use a PCI Express slot on the motherboard. Ensure that your motherboard has an available and compatible PCI Express slot.

Operating System Compatibility: Make sure the graphics card you choose is compatible with your operating system. Most modern graphics cards are compatible with Windows, but it's always good to double-check.

Considering these factors, here are a few mid-range graphics cards that are commonly used for gaming and are often compatible with standard desktop systems:

1. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super
  2. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
  3. AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT
  4. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
  5. AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.-

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.