Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Comfort GRIP Wireless Mouse
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Can anyone help. I have limited usb ports on my computer (HP Laptop) and I want to connect the wireless mouse to it without the dongle. However I cannot get the mouse to be recognised by the computer?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

A wireless mouse connects with the matching wireless receiver ( the matching dongle).  Without the dongle, it will not have a connection, unless it uses Bluetooth and your laptop uses Bluetooth.  Without the complete model number of the mouse and the laptop, unable to help further.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks,

its H2L63AA model number. Its the Link-5 dongle. I believe the product can not be used without it. But it would be useful if there was a work around.

HP Recommended

From the product information page, it says nothing about Bluetooth, so I have to assume it uses the normal 2.4GHz signal similar to WiFi but it needs the USB receiver designed for the mouse.  The work around would be to replace the dongle or get a different mouse that has a dongle.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

@mccadava wrote:

Thanks,

its H2L63AA model number. Its the Link-5 dongle......

@mccadava 

Sorry for jumping in. As you said, it is a Link-5 dongle therefore you can buy a new Link-5 receiver and RE-PROGRAM it. Otherwise buying a new set because each mouse must have a code to talk with its receiver (dongle). Just thinking a small room with 20 people who use SAME coded mice/receivers, must be very interesting.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
i have a wireless mouse too and i really want to use it without dongle.
HP Recommended

All wireless mice are not create equal.  Need the make and model of the mouse and it would be helpful to have the make and model of the PC, too.  That info is needed to give advice to @yousofza 's question/statement.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I have an HP 500RG ENVY Rechargeable Mouse Model #HSA-S002M AND MY BRAND NEW HP ENVY 17T notebook lacks USB ports (they want you to buy an extension cord with more ports) so to save a port I want to use my mouse over Wi-Fi.  Any ideas?  Is this IMPOSSIBLE...???  Why has no on e already done this...???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.