0 Kudos
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,343
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are locked out of your computer and needs assistance with the Windows login password. Don't worry I'll be really glad to help you with this,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the exact model of the notebook and the Operating system installed on the PC? Use this link to find it: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Operating system: http://hp.care/2byggIn

Is it Windows login password/Bios password?

What type of account have you crated? Is it a local account or Microsoft account

Did you attempt to reset using the safe mode or the recovery manager?

While you reply, here are a few steps you can attempt to fix:

Step 1: Use the HP Guided Solution

Let us guide you through the solution. (select the buttons at the bottom of the page to start the interactive troubleshooting).

OR read the document below.

Step 2: Determine which type of account you have and reset the password

Windows feature the option to sign in to your computer using either a Microsoft account or a local user account.

Click here for more details and step by step instructions:

For Windows 10 - HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)

For Windows 8 - HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 😎

For Windows 7 - HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 7)

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation