Slimlinei7
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Slimline desktop trouble connecting automatically to wifi internet

HP Recommended
HP Slimline 270-p000 Desktop PC series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Slimline desktop will not connect to my internet wifi  automatically. Why do I keep having to unplug my router (Optimum Altice One box) for 10 seconds and then plug it back in? Why do I have to keep resetting my desktop's wireless adapter through Windows browser error message?  I have a Realtek RTL 8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter installed and all drivers are up to date. I ask these questions because my iphone connects automatically to my router wifi  without issue. My ipad connects automatically to the internet wifi without issue. My wife's Samsung Galaxy connects automatically to wifi without issue. Even my old wireless Canon printer connects automatically.  How come my HP i7 desktop will not connect to wifi internet automatically and have to go through these annoying steps every time I want to use my computer?  Please help. Thanks! 

1 REPLY 1
Slimlinei7
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

By the way my drivers for the Network Adapter are up to date. - I'm a newbie at this forum  - edited original post to include this. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation