stephenstroudnz
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Wave Keybooard issues

HP Recommended
HP Wave
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Random times keyboard will repeat keystrokes and or have a real slow response to keystrokes.  This is the slim wireless keyboard .  I'm about 2m away from computer and I've noticed that by tilting the keyboard back up toward the computer problem goes away.  This isn't an acceptable fix.  Any suggestions???   

4 REPLIES 4
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,530
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@stephenstroudnz

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Wave series PC. I read that the wireless key is not working correctly. The keyboard repeats keystrokes and or has a slow response to the keystrokes. If you tilt the keyboard back up towards the PC, the issue goes away. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Does the keyboard problem arise after every restart of the PC?
  • Please let me know the exact Wave PC model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
  • Did any software changes or updates happen on the PC after which issue may have started?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

Device Manager

• Expand "keyboards"
  • Right click on the drivers listed in keyboard and select uninstall.
  • Restart the PC. During the restart, Windows will automatically install the keyboard drivers back.

If the issue persists then I suggest you to refer to the steps mentioned under "Keys do not type, characters appear seconds later, wrong characters appear when typing, or numeric keypad does not work" from this HP article.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. Good luck! 🙂

0 Kudos
stephenstroudnz
Author
6 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi and thank you for your response.  It's an

HP Pavilion Wave 600-a000 Desktop PC series

No it's quite random problem that doesn't happen all the time.  I'm currently typing no problem at all.  I've just updated the the Bios. 

I did the device manager thing and uninstalled the keyboard drivers, then re booted.  I have already done this once.   In the deivice manager,  I open keyboard and there's two exactly the same.  I've deleted one, then two and when I reboot they both re install.   Same for the mouse.  

0 Kudos
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @stephenstroudnz,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue has not resolved after following the steps mentioned in the previous interaction.

This could be a hardware issue with the unit.

Hence, please contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
stephenstroudnz
Author
6 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Recently downloaded and installed fresh version of Windows 10, then got some updates from HP and problem solved.  So thanks everyone for offering up suggestions. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation