Sandra34
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

How can I hotspot using a IPhone to a HP Prodesk

HP Recommended
Prodesk 600 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I'm not sure if the operating system is 32 or 64 bit . I work from home and often lose the internet connection so it would be great to be able to hotspot using my Iphone.  Does anyone know about this. Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,608 10,604 990 2,987
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Depending on the Iphone and iOS version, the hotspot on the iPhone can give the user a WiFi connection for the computerto use.  I do it frequently while traveling instead of using the hotel's WiFi for my laptop.

Be aware that doing that can run up the data uaseage on the phone plan over an extended period, which could add data charges to the phone.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Sandra34
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you, are you able to tell me how to do it ? cheers

0 Kudos
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,608 10,604 990 2,987
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Go to the settings page on the iPhone.  If your phone is capable, there will be a heading at the bottom of the first group of categories called Personal Hotspot.   Tap the "off" to go to the next page.  On that page is the toggle to turn on the personal HotSpot.  Turn that on.  The password to enable the connection is shown.  Enter that password in the WiFi connection software of Windows to allow the desktop access.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation