Mehki
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Hp 110-014; Has only the Ethernet net symbol and won't connect to wifi

HP Recommended
HP 110-014
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
My HP 110 desktop won't connect to the internet. It works for Ethernet but unfortunately, i cannot get a wire to my room so I can go online. I downloaded a driver "RTL8723BE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-fi Adapter" and tried to run it and it didn't do anything but give me a error 31 message. I don't know if I downloaded the wrong driver or what but I need this desktop foe work and could use some help.
2 REPLIES 2
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,164 119,341 19,492 29,787
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the product specs page, your PC only comes with ethernet, not wireless.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03779325

If it did, the wireless specs would have been listed along with the 10 Base T ethernet spec.

So...the easiest thing to do to add wireless networking capability to your PC, would be to purchase an external USB wireless network adapter.

0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,740 6,724 634 1,516
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings Mehki,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

I don't see a WIFI option for your PC, only ethernet.

You can get a powerline network adapter.

As per Paul_Tikkanen , a wireless USB adapter would also do the job.

Regards

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation