cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gbyjff
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I have restored network defaults what is the default password to connect to the printer's network

HP Recommended
HP officejet pro 8610

Hi there, 

i have restored network defaults to reset the printers network password because I forgot it. What is the default password to connect.

Also how do I make my printer an air printer ? 

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,608
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @Gbyjff – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a fantastic location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I see that you are facing issues while connecting the printer to the network. The network password is provided by your modem / router and not by the printer. Follow the steps below to connect the printer to the network:

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon , and then touch the Wireless Menu icon .

2. Touch Wireless Settings, then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

3. The printer searches for available wireless networks.

4. Touch the name of your wireless network, then follow the instructions on the printer control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network.

Also, the printer is already AirPrint enabled. You can use the HP Smart app to print from your iOS devices. Go to Apple store and then download the HP Smart App. This will help you print / scan using your iOS device.

Let me know if that helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation