Did you mean: 
Bryxnnxh
Level 1
1 0 0 3
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

INSTANT INK COMPLAINT

HP Recommended

I am requesting if anyone has worked out how to use this awfully set up website, to find an email to complain to head office, which HP seem very good at making unavailable to ita paying customers, which is my first complaint.

Secondly, I would like to complain about the way in which this 'money saving' shambles called Instant Ink works, where I did not need any more ink cartridges, but HP kept charging me for and sending anyway. As a result of being charged for ink I did not need, I cancelled the subscription only to find out any ink I have already purchased cannot be used. Why on earth are a company this big allowing this to happen to customers, as if I have paid for ink, I should be allowed to use it. This is just ridiculous. 

Is there any way to re-enrol without being charged for another few months of ink, so I can use up my existing ink? 

Also, I would like an email or number to complain to, as this instant ink seems to be the biggest scam going. 

Thanks, 

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Sunshyn2005
Level 13
17,328 17,221 901 2,544
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'd be happy to help @Bryxnnxh,

Please provide me with either you Instant Ink account or the email address you used to enroll. I ask that you do not post this information publicly, instead, send me a private message. 

How To Send A Private Message - https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Cheers,
Lisa
 - HP Instant Ink Support

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Keith13b
Level 3
12 11 0 16
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a similar complaint.  I contacted HP, they contacted me via a phone call and I was out of town.  They called the next day and sent me an email saying the case was closed.  That is a rediculous timeline for customer support.  Not only that, but when I called the phone # in the e-mail with my case #, they said that was the incorrect phone # as no one could access that case #.  I finally had a representative give me another phone # to call.  I left a voice mail with a good call back # and my case #.  Still waiting. I don't have faith that they will contact me again.

Moral of the story - give a good contact # and you better answer it!  And then, who knows if your problems will be addressed.  I haven't read any success stories, only reading these complaint issues.

And to add my .02 cents - this plan bills you for ink that  you purchased when you bought your printer. Do not sign up for this plan until you use up your factory ink.  I share the complaint of the OP.  I'm re-purchasing ink I alreasdy paid for and now have limited printing requirements.  I cancelled and I still have to pay.  No one will contact me about a refund.  Shameful.  No- actually a nightmare, so be careful.

Keith13b
Level 3
12 11 0 16
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Although I am sure HP would replace any clogged or dried up cartridges, keep in mind thats not how the program works.  You get replacement ink when the cartridges "Phone Home" that they are empty.  HP has been known for being one of the best cartridges for preventing clogging/drying out.  I also know this from first hand experience.  If you use your printer that rarely, you might be throwing money away every month.  The only foreseable way this program could benifit the end user is if you repeatedly max out your page count with color intensive printing.  i.e. printing lots of photos.  My ink that came with the printer lasted over a year.  I cancelled my subscription and purchased my own cartridges: note, when you cancel they shut down your original OEM factory cartridges even if you still have ink in them; which is my biggest complaint, as I never used their "Instant Ink". Thus I was leasing the ink I alreday paid for, so I purchased 2-packs of XL color and XL Black.  With a rebate for purchasing the color/black bundle, the two pack ink set was right at $100.  That's easily 4 years worth of ink for me; considerbly cheaper than the instant ink program and I don't have to worry about page counts.  Everyones needs are different, but my instant ink experience was absoutly awful.  I owned an Epson dot matrix printer in the 80's then switched to HP' in the late 80's when they came out with inkjets.  I have only owned HP printers ever since.  My printers lasted longer than replacement cartridges, so I would stock up on nk cartridges when they went on clearance.  They worked perfectly; well past 5-years beyond the expiration date.  Regretfully, my next printer purchase I will not be Brand Loyal anymore.  After 30+ years of only using HP printers, this experience was so terrible that they lost a loyal customer.

peryd
1 1 0 1
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I bought two new carteidges because the instant ink system wasn't working, never got a refill, had to provide my own. How do I tell which cartridges I bought from your instant ink cartridges that I still have in the machine? Threw away the other cartridges that ran out of "instant ink". Also turn my machine back on so I can print using store bought cartridges. [Content Removed]

Keith13b
Level 3
12 11 0 16
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Instant Ink cartridges will clearly say "Instant Ink" on the sticker (in black) next to the cartridge #.  OEM cartridges will say "Instant Ink Ready" in red.  Store bought HP will not have any refrence to instant ink next to the part #.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation