2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Issue with available networks and signing into Skype and Office 365

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-au076sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, 

For a month or so now my HP Pavillion notebook wont show available networks when I click the bottom right icon. Also get the message 'Sorry, we couldnt conect to skype' whenever i try to connect to Skype also connecting to office 365 is an issue.

I have reset the laptop but kept my files. I wondered what else I can do. The laptop is no older than 18 months old. 

Any help would be appriciated.

3 REPLIES 3
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,945 2,572
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Sewb21,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues with the network and connecting to sky and office 365.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • What type of connection are you using? (Wired/Wireless)
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Sewb21
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The problem has been around for a month or so. I havn't been usng the laptop much recently but im starting to use it more now for work. I have ran a total reset of laptop but kept my files and the problem still persists. 

It will not show any available networks however I am connected wirelessly to the broadband it was connected to before. Whenever I try to log into Skype or Office it gives me a cannot connect message.

Seb 

0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,613 3,967
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sewb21

It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

If the total reset you are referring to isn't done using the HP Recovery Manager, Please Click here to obtain the OEM (Factory Shipped) OS to reinstall back to defaults as that should resolve the issue.

If you have used the recovery media and yet the issue persists, The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation