neilson_223
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Network Access Protection

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I'm in HP Support Assistant, under Internet and Security and I am getting a warning symbol on Network Access Protection as its showing as "off". What is Network Access Protection? How do I switch it on and am I being left unprotected with it switched off?

Any hlp will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
MKazi
Retired
Retired
12,746 12,732 829 1,528
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@neilson_223

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion 15 series notebook. I read that in the HP Support Assistant, under Internet and Security and there is a warning symbol on Network Access Protection as its showing as "off". Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

Question 

Applies to 

How to Turn On Network Access Protection?

MA

mahim asked on December 27, 2010See post history

My secuirity center has stopped and can't be started.....

I saw my windows 7 home basic NAP was turned off so i think if i turn on it will solve this problem....

How can i turn on NAP?

How can i turn on my secuirity center?

My MSE also not woking....

The method of turning on secuirity center of this post http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7security/thread/4d176d1c-e397-4570-bc88-8f0083f45... is also not working...

Please give a solution to it.....

THANKS in advance.......

147 people had this question

Me Too

•  
  •  
  • Subscribe

The answered status icon Answer

ITknowledge24

ITknowledge24 replied on December 27, 2010See post history

My secuirity center has stopped and can't be started.....

I saw my windows 7 home basic NAP was turned off so i think if i turn on it will solve this problem....

How can i turn on NAP?

How can i turn on my secuirity center?

My MSE also not woking....

The method of turning on secuirity center of this post http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7security/thread/4d176d1c-e397-4570-bc88-8f0083f45... is also not working...

Please give a solution to it.....

THANKS in advance.......

Hello Mahim – Welcome to Microsoft Answers Community.

What is Network Access Protection?
Network Access Protection or NAP is a network platform which Administrators
apply on a corporate (or home) network. Once your PC is connected to a 
network that uses NAP, this NAP will check your machine for this: 

A) Does the PC have required software and network?
B) Is the software up-to-date?

As it is performing this check, you will be running under limitation (due to the data
information collection about the computer’s identity) on the network. 
However, once everything is fine, you will get full network access.

Q: Do I need NAP?

A: Yes, if you are connected to a corporate network then you'll need it. But if you
are a regular PC user, then you don't need this, it becomes pretty useless. However,
I provided the steps below for you, so you can enable it.

If this is a home used laptop then I think there is no reason to worry about it. Because the remaining part would be handled by the Win10 firewall or the antivirus handled in your laptop. Let me know is everything else is fine and the laptop is connected to the internet without any issues. 

Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation