jasonwp
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Network Adapter upgrade or change to improve ethernet speed

HP Recommended
HP p2-1334 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My internet speed is very slow.  I called my provider and did a speed test which showed that I was using the wrong network adapter.   The agent said I needed to contact HP for a update.  Im wired direct into modem, have windows 10.  ay help or direction will be appreciated.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
ieee488
Level 8
1,263 1,227 38 106
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You could upgrade to an Gigabit Ethernet card.

But seriously your ISP is giving you a load of garbage, since most people do just fine with regulart Ethernet.

Most likely you need to upgrade the chipset driver and the wifi driver.

0 Kudos
jasonwp
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I thought so too until we did the speed test on my wireless imac and it exceeded the speed I was paying for.  Im hard wired ino the modem and they said my network adaptor configuration was wrong or need updated to call HP.  My mahine is out of warranty so im trying this route.

0 Kudos
ieee488
Level 8
1,263 1,227 38 106
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jasonwp wrote:

I thought so too until we did the speed test on my wireless imac and it exceeded the speed I was paying for.  Im hard wired ino the modem and they said my network adaptor configuration was wrong or need updated to call HP.  My mahine is out of warranty so im trying this route.

I never use wireless on my PCs. I always used Ethernet. There is no configuration that can possibly be wrong other than that the port got zapped in a lightening storm.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation