Level 2
36 24 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

PC interference with all internet

HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-153na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I upgraded my PC a few months back and just 2 weeks ago out of the blue my internet became terrible I thought it was my providers fault or the router being faulty or the fact a cable company just came down my street and messed the connection up but I've narrowed it down to even if I switch my PC on without wi-fi or Ethernet connection the WiFi goes from Mbps to kbps I know there can be so so many different possibilities but I think it might be my PSU but y do it now? I went into my local techy shop and they said a cx430 PSU wouldn't be enough power but HP experts and employees even said it would be enough... 

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks 

Adam

Btw- same thing happens with ethernet plugged in too and wi-fi in whole house dropsout on every thing using wifi or ethernet but not my ps4...?

Symptoms- dropping out every 5 mins on PC but when connected cannot play any games laggs everywhere it is 2000ping and extremely slow 

6 REPLIES 6
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ADAMaim,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing internet connection issues with your HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-153na.

Here's a guided troubleshooter that will help fix this issue: Click here 

Try these steps: 

Go to Device manager > select the WIFI drivers under network adapter> Right click go to properties  > Under properties go to Power Management Tab> Uncheck  "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". 

If the issue persists, continue with the below steps: 

• If your computer has a wireless key or button on or near the keyboard and the wireless activity light is off or amber in color, then press the key or button to enable your wireless adapter. This key might be the F10 key, F12 key or labeled with a symbol of an airplane. 

• If wireless activity comes on or the activity light turns blue, you have enabled wireless on your system. Try connecting to the Internet again. If problems persist, continue using these steps. 

• If your computer does not have a wireless key or the wireless activity lights remains off or orange, then continue using these steps. 

• Click Start, type troubleshooting into the Search field. 

• Select troubleshooting from the search results. 

• Click Network and Internet. 

• Click Internet Connections 

For related post on HP Forums: Click here 

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ADAMaim
Author
Level 2
36 24 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Didn't work 😕 I've also tried changing IP address and a it helper said it could be a virus
0 Kudos
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ADAMaim,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

This issue could occur if the operating system files are corrupted.

Please follow the link to refresh your PC: Refresh Your PC

If the issue persists, then you may need to perform a complete system recovery by following the steps in the link: HP System Recovery

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
ADAMaim
Author
Level 2
36 24 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks, but I have figured it out checked me display DNS and found it is malware using all my bandwidth and is slowing it down an it consultant said to get a disk with bitdefender burnt on it and it will clear the walware, if this doesn't work a PC factory reset both things you mentioned will one or the other definitely work to clear malware and would changing internet provider work? ( I was in process of changing provider but cancelled as this came up) last thing - to use the bitdefender disk would an external disk reader/writer be able to work as my pcs disk drive doesn't work as I would have to order an adapter

Many thanks
0 Kudos
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,612 3,966
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ADAMaim

It looks like you were interacting with @Rainbow23, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for,

That said, if the malware is not removed entirely the best way to forward is the HP System Recovery as suggested previously, considering it would restore the PC back to factory defaults, however, if the issue persists, you may have to utilize the recovery media created shortly after purchase of the pc, if you haven't created one, you may order it via HP: Click here to know more.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ADAMaim
Author
Level 2
36 24 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

did facotry reset,refresh and got new hard drive and windows 10 still not working, figured 1 thing ot onedrive was making wifi in the house crash and go slow when i terminate it it goes back to normal speeds on everything except PC!

dont know if this matters but when i go on command prompt, enter - ipconfig /(whatever changes ipaddress) and it goes down to 50ms for a minute then bad again and when i enter ipconfig /displaydns it comes up things like - 

adware.adtech.com

adware.adtechus.com

adtech.eu

ws.ssessioncam.com

match.adsrvr.org

cm.adform.net

static.tacdn.com

cdn.doubleverify.com

cdn.feedbackify.com

+ hundreds others all  recieving and sending files  (again dunno if thsi is to do with it just wundering)

i have marked this as my desktop but this is happening on both my laptop and my desktop...

on everything else ping is aroung 50ms ps4,xbox one, phones but on laptop + pc 1000-3000 ms ping...

been happening for 4 months now need help asap getting to the point of no motivation 

thank u for an possible help 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation