XanderT
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Realtek wifi

HP Recommended
Slimline 260-P026
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 2 HP PCs with this wifi card that cannot suport wireless speeds above 50MBs.  There is no option to select 802.11n for wireless, just 802.11b/g.  i want to put a faster wifi adapter on my PCs without having to add a wifi dongle.  HP documents on this PC don't give any useful info on the motherboard or installed components.

Is the realtek 8723BE wifi card on this PC replaceable?  Is it built-in or plugged into a slot?

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,047 119,225 19,462 29,745
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The wifi card is a M.2 form factor which is plugged into the M.2 slot on the motherboard.

Your problem will most likely be that there is only one antenna in the PC that is connected to the Realtek wifi adapter, making an internal upgrade not possible.

If on the very outside chance your PC has two antenna wires connected to the realtek wifi card, or at least two antennas present, then you can upgrade to an Intel 7265 AC M.2 form factor wifi card.

Dual band wifi cards require two antennas be connected to them.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation