Did you mean: 
judyp1414
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

When I try to print, a message comes up and asks for passphrase. Don't know it

HP Recommended
pavillion 21 desktop

When I try to print I get an error that asks for a passphrase.  Don't know it.  I put in my IP address but do not see a passphrase on there either.  I put the name of the computer on for passphrase  and have tried everthing.  I have the HP Envy 5530.  Everything looks okay on the printer after I put in my password for my router.

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,370 90,247 11,601 24,883
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@judyp1414

You did not supply the Operating System of your computer. My guessing is sounds like you have not installed printer software and drivers to your computer. Please use the CD which comes with your printer to install its software and drivers to your computer first.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation