Level 2
34 20 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Wireless Network Problems

HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-153w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For 3 weeks and now going on 4 weeks, I have been experiencing wireless networking issues with my HP Pavilion 550-153w Desktop PC.

Sometimes when it goes into sleep mode, and when I wake it from sleep mode, the wireless network adapter doesn't detect and connect to my wireless network in a timely or quick manner.

I have followed the troubleshooting steps from Microsoft Windows and from HP. The problems did not help. I have been over at www.tenforums.com trying to get help as well. My last options are to get help from someone on here or from HP or Microsoft.

The computer is out of warranty, so I don't think HP will want to help.

Please assist me into getting this resolved....

Thanks, Jesse Williams

4 REPLIES 4
jessejamestw23
Author
Level 2
34 20 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can someone please help me with this?

0 Kudos
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,687 25,567 1,410 1,482
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jessejamestw23

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case relating to the notebook wireless connection. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this.

• When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any changes to the notebook?

Meanwhile:

Go to device manager,

Open power management under network,

Check the box - allow this computer to wake up this device.

If the issue persists, I have a few more steps to resolve the issue:  

• Since you've already reinstalled drivers, I would recommend using an Ethernet cable (Wired) and update your Wi-Fi drivers using this link  

• Update the bios by visiting this link or through support assistant using an Ethernet cable.  

• Now try to connect to the internet wireless.    

The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter:  

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers. 

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
jessejamestw23
Author
Level 2
34 20 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My drivers were all up to date, including the BIOS. I talked to HP Support on Facebook Messenger and they had me do a HP Recovery on it, as they thought it may have been a driver conflict.

0 Kudos
Flower_Bud
Retired
Retired
5,216 5,204 271 393
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jessejamestw23

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out,

I'm the Flower_Bud & I'm at your service.

Is your issue resolved after performing System Recovery?

If you're having the same issue after performing System Recovery, I would suggest you contact our phone support. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

* Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation