Osiris0410
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Wireless network card not working

HP Recommended
Touchsmart 320-1030
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Last night I was using my computer on wireless internet fine. I stepped away for a moment and the pc was frozen when I got back. I waited and tried to bring up task manager, but nothing worked. I then held down the power button to reset and when it loaded back on, there was no internet connection. I went through basic troubleshooting with no change. The pc never gave me an option to connect to wireless.
Device manager shows only the PCI card and no wireless card listed. Attempted to restore drivers from pc, no change. Used another pc to download the updated driver. When tried to install, it said it's not compatible.
Tried to restore to an earlier point when it was working, but no change.
Reset the TCP/IP and the windsock catalogue. Still no change.
In System Summary/Software Environment/System Drivers/netr28x for Ralink 802.11n Extensible wireless Driver it says
STARTED: No
START MODE: Manual

How can I fix the wireless adapter and connection?
1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,583 24,235 2,824 10,339
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Osiris0410, welcome to the forum.

Here is a guide that will help you troubleshoot your problem further.

I haven't heard of it happening before, but it sounds like your wireless adapter may have failed and caused the computer to freeze.  If using the guide doesn't help solve the problem, you should definitely check the wireless adapter.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation