david0960
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

issues with slow internet both ethernet and wireless on desktop

HP Recommended
hp desktop m261vp
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have been dealing with an issue since i got this computer. it often times out on the internet, but my speed says it is 50 over 50.

i have been on the phone with tech support who did a lot of stuff remotely but didn't help.

the issue occurs whether on chrome or ie, and occurs on ethernet or wireless.

i have checked malware, antivirus, and has used reimage repair, but no help.

i have also done image checks and other suggestions on powershell, no help finds no issues.

is the realtek part of the computer replaceable, or do i have to replace the entire desktop.

tech support suggested that i ship the computer for repair, but my wife was having brain surgery in another state, and i needed to stay in contact with the surgeons.

i am now out of coverage, and am trying to see if i should just replace the comupter.

it is i5, itb, 12gb ram.

any help would be appreciated.

thank you sincerely david

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,452 90,329 11,614 24,904
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@david0960

Sorry I can't find what is hp desktop m261vp machine. Please run the following test to see the speed of your connection

http://www.speedtest.net/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
david0960
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have been running the ookla speed test for months varies from 20/20 to 50/50.

i had 100 speed with verizon, but downgraded since i never saw much speed over 50.

i had given the model number off the machine in the post.

it is alsocalled

hp pavilion 550-126

thx david

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation