kdjones1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

losing internet connection and keyboard locks up constantly

HP Recommended
envy 17t laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop hard drive crashed at 13 months (1 month past warranty). Replaced hard drive and now my keyboard locks up several times a day, always locks up if I don't continuously type on it. I also lose internet connection constantly (all other computers in the office are connected so it isn't an issue with my internet connection). Computer literally can't find a WIFI connection until I shut it down and restart.  I'm being told it's a driver that's failing.

Also being told by IT tech to dump the HP and buy a Dell or Toshiba...as this model (and HP) has epic fails?

Any help or suggestions as I've already invested $$ in the new hard drive and new set up ....hate to start over, but this is incredibly frustrating.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,417 21,404 1,295 1,320
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @kdjones1

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips. 

I have gone through your case and I understand your concerns and frustrations.

I'd like to help.

I see that you have replaced the Hard drive. May I know how did you install the Windows OS after replacing the Hard drive? Did you use the HP Recovery Media to reload the Factory Settings?

If you did not use the Recovery Media, please contact our Phone Support to order one.

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted.

Thank you.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation