oliver949oc
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

why is my pc not letting me access internet when i try to connect to the net

HP Recommended
hp pavillion a6532f
Microsoft Windows Vista

I have a wifi adaptor RTL8811AU and my desktop is a hp pavillion vista 32 bit model a6532f. It was working fine connected to the internet previously but I needed to do a factory restore on my computer because my computer was getting very cluttered. After I did a factory restore I tried to set up the wifi again installing the drives again and everything looked good i could see my wifi source, but when i went to input my password so i could connect it wouldnt connect to the internet. It just says its unable to connect for a unknow reason. I tried to go to control panel uninstall and reinstalling and that doesnt work. It keeps not letting me access my internet. All my other gadgets phones and other laptop have no issues with connecting the internet so i know my internet is working fine. So i think it must be something in my computer thats blocking my computer from conecting to the internet . I already tried resetting my internet still not success.

1 REPLY 1
CF4
Level 9
5,904 5,889 206 526
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Some W10 commands that may help...

If you have a similar device, PC that can also run these commands and does connect, then differences, anomalies or missing values may become obvious.

Getmac All.png

ping LOOPBACK
ping 8.8.8.8

getmac

netsh interface ip show interface
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled 

netsh lan show interfaces
netsh wlan show drivers
netsh wlan show interfaces

ipconfig -all
msinfo32
systeminfo

netsh wlan show profiles
@ECHO  
@ECHO PLEASE NOTE any NETWORK-SSID name(s)
@ECHO that you want the PASSPHRASE(S) for.

set /p wkey=Please type in the SSID 
Please type in the SSID 
netsh wlan show profile name=%wkey% key=clear

The lower section should show profiles, WiFi settings and then enter the SSID in place of %wkey%.

If in doubt please ask.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation