Vincordave
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

wireless keyboard not working

HP Recommended
HP classic desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a new laptop and also a wireless mouse and keyboard from HP, the mouse works but not the keyboard.  There is no lights on the keyboard to indicate that it is on or working, how do I set this up?

1 REPLY 1
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,076
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Vincordave, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have wireless keyboard issues with your laptop.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Have you tried checking with a new set of batteries?

Please provide the product number or model name of the wireless keyboard to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below.

If your wireless mouse or keyboard is not working, perform each step in order, checking the mouse and keyboard after each step, until the mouse and keyboard work:
Insert the USB wireless receiver into an open USB port on the computer.
If the underside of the mouse has an On/Off switch, make sure that the switch is set to the On position, and then verify if the LED on the mouse illuminates after the switch is set to ON and verify the caps lock key light is on. For some keyboard models which have a power switch, make sure it is also set to the On position.
Replace the batteries with a fresh set of alkaline batteries and make sure they are correctly installed. If the mouse or keyboard is not working, replace the batteries even if the mouse/keyboard software indicate the batteries still have a charge.
Remove the battery cover to access the batteries. The battery access cover is found on the underside of the keyboard. When replacing the batteries, look for the positive symbol (a plus sign +) imprinted near the battery compartment or battery cover. Make sure the positive end of the battery is oriented to the positive side of the compartment.
   NOTE:
Some keyboard models come with a built-in rechargeable battery.
Move the mouse or keyboard closer to the Wireless receiver. The receiver is the hardware that receives the wireless signals from the keyboard and mouse and communicates the data to the computer. Make sure that the keyboard and the mouse are within 30 centimeters (1 foot) of the receiver.
Disconnect other devices including:
Printers
USB flash drive
External storage devices, USB hard drives
Smartphone
Speakers
Scanners
Other USB devices except for the transceiver
Most HP wireless keyboard and mouse devices operate on 2.4GHz. Some 2.4GHz electrical devices may cause interference. If applicable, move these devices. Following are the examples of 2.4GHz electrical devices:
Microwave ovens
Cordless phone base stations
Bluetooth devices ( microphone, headset, and speakers etc.)
Car alarm
Wi-Fi network router
ZigBee/IEEE 802.15.4 wireless data networks
   NOTE:
It is recommended that the USB transceiver is placed away from USB 3.0 flash drive and USB 3.0 external hard drive. USB 3.0 radio frequency interferes with 2.4GHz devices.
Restart the computer. This can resolve the problem, at least temporarily, so that you can perform other troubleshooting steps.
If the wireless keyboard and mouse have connect buttons, re-synchronize the wireless keyboard and mouse connections.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot wireless keyboard issues.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation