Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi

got some advices from finnish HP Support. They know the issue since many customer has contacted them concerning this Spilock issue.

They adviced me to set BIOS to default settings and after that take off keyboard, mouse and display, change CMOS jumper settings and restart pc with pushing windows +B+start button for few seconds. Surprise, same problem still exists.

Customer service was not willing to change the pc or even repair it. She just informed that she need to ask her supervisor what to do next.  I'm still waiting...

HP Recommended

llmo,

I found that if I waited 3 or 4  seconds before choosing the current system then the Spilock message did appear but the system then carried on and booted into the current system.

HP Recommended

Hi

I managed somehow to start pc (after hundreds of restarts and BIOS hassling) and run that me.bat file in win 10 mode and now pc is working.

Thx for help.

p.s. I just can't understand how the HP technicians or HP phone support didn't now this fix. Setting BIOS to default, extensive tests and hassling with jumper settings, come on. No more HP pc's for me.

HP Recommended

Many thanks. I had the same problem - new HP PC (Pavillion 550-154na) - problems started after HP assist BIOS update. I had to use the windows key + b held when powering on to get the BIOS to reload to get back to windows, but every power down took me to the same error.

Ran ME.bat as you suggested and so far have managed to restart PC several times into windows 10.

Many thanks. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.