cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
terranz Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot boot from external usb hdd

800 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

At work we've been using HP desktops for a while now and the latest lease for the computer labs and classrooms is the HP 800 G2 all-in-one.

I have Ubuntu installed to a USB3 external HDD and run win win10 in a virtualbox image within it for the software that won't run on linux.

My problem is the new lease PCs won't see my USB HDD in the bios boot menu.

* USb storage boot is enabled

** legacy boot enable - secure boot disable (not desirable as not pxe boot available) and legacy boot disable - secure boot enable bot have the same result of not detecting my external HDD

*** My USB HDD itself has no problems and I am using the NTFS partition now

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation