Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Havoc28 Tutor
Tutor
7 1 0
Message 41 of 79
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot boot if HP ENVY Bios Virtualization enabled for Win8 Pro Hyper-V

Hi, I already got a solutin in topic HP ENVY M6-1106er: Windows 8 Pro hangs up to start after Hyper-V role adding

For me solution is:

1. Enter into BIOS setup and set Virtualization as disabled and reboot system.

2. After booting windows 8, enter into Control panel and remove bluetooth driver.

3. Download and install Ralink Bluetooth driver version 9.2.101.10 (SP59632)

4. Reboot system and enable Virtualization Technology again.

Firstly i have BT driver version 9.2.10.6. After upgrading to 9.2.10.10  (by 04.10.2012) system boots with Virtualisation enabled in BIOS.

0 Kudos
dascalos Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 42 of 79
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am up and running now.  Good catch!!!

0 Kudos
darrenover Tutor
Tutor
20 0 3
Message 43 of 79
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was the one who fixed this boot issue by reinstalling Windows 8 (clean install after wiping the disk)

I just checked my Device manager and 

0 Kudos
darrenover Tutor
Tutor
20 0 3
Message 44 of 79
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was the one who fixed this boot issue by reinstalling Windows 8 (clean install after wiping the disk)

I just checked my Device manager and "Other devices"..."Bluetooth controller" has a yellow exclamation point, meaning that my re-install removed the faulty bluetooth driver.

Wish I would have known this fix back in December. Looks like I should be able to download the new Bluetooth driver though without breaking my now-working Hyper-V.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
26 1 4
Message 45 of 79
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just tried the updated Bluetooth driver and it works for me as well. I have the laptop HP Envy dv7-7212nr. It's rather incredible that such a seemingly unrelated driver issue can cause this kind of problem. I saw the solution in the other thread but did not try it until now.

0 Kudos
darrenover Tutor
Tutor
20 0 3
Message 46 of 79
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Driver download link?
0 Kudos
Havoc28 Tutor
Tutor
7 1 0
Message 47 of 79
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ewgoforth Tutor
Tutor
8 0 1
Message 48 of 79
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth that updating my Ralink Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter's driver to version 9.2.10.10 fixed my problem too.  I believe that it was at 9.2.10.6.  My laptop is an hp g7 2270us.

0 Kudos
cneff78 Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 49 of 79
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a HP Envy 1437C (Desktop).  I am desperately trying to configure this machine for Windows Phone 8 development.  I have Windows 8 Pro installed and Virtualization enabled in the BIOS.  

• If I try to run a phone emulator, then it complains that Hyper-V is not running.
  • I tried to delete/remove the previously mentioned Bluetooth driver.
  • Anytime I enable 'Hyper-V Platform' under Control Panel, the machine hangs during boot.

Any thoughts????

0 Kudos
kiwibattler Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 50 of 79
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an HP Envy4 ultrabook and have fixed the freezing issue after enabling Hyper-V by updating my Ralink Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter's driver to version 9.2.10.10.

Thanks for the support.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation