Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-06-2013 11:29 AM
Hi, I already got a solutin in topic HP ENVY M6-1106er: Windows 8 Pro hangs up to start after Hyper-V role adding
For me solution is:
1. Enter into BIOS setup and set Virtualization as disabled and reboot system.
2. After booting windows 8, enter into Control panel and remove bluetooth driver.
3. Download and install Ralink Bluetooth driver version 220.127.116.11 (SP59632)
4. Reboot system and enable Virtualization Technology again.
Firstly i have BT driver version 18.104.22.168. After upgrading to 22.214.171.124 (by 04.10.2012) system boots with Virtualisation enabled in BIOS.
02-06-2013 12:15 PM
I was the one who fixed this boot issue by reinstalling Windows 8 (clean install after wiping the disk)
I just checked my Device manager and "Other devices"..."Bluetooth controller" has a yellow exclamation point, meaning that my re-install removed the faulty bluetooth driver.
Wish I would have known this fix back in December. Looks like I should be able to download the new Bluetooth driver though without breaking my now-working Hyper-V.
02-07-2013 02:18 AM
I just tried the updated Bluetooth driver and it works for me as well. I have the laptop HP Envy dv7-7212nr. It's rather incredible that such a seemingly unrelated driver issue can cause this kind of problem. I saw the solution in the other thread but did not try it until now.
05-13-2013 12:07 PM
I have a HP Envy 1437C (Desktop). I am desperately trying to configure this machine for Windows Phone 8 development. I have Windows 8 Pro installed and Virtualization enabled in the BIOS.
- If I try to run a phone emulator, then it complains that Hyper-V is not running.
- I tried to delete/remove the previously mentioned Bluetooth driver.
- Anytime I enable 'Hyper-V Platform' under Control Panel, the machine hangs during boot.