cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Bman243 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Cannot enable virtualization in my Bios Menu

I am trying to run Vmware Virtualization on my pc, but in order to do so, I think I have to go into my system BIOS and enable virtualization. However, I beleive I have went into my BIOS and could not fine any option for virtualization. Can somebody please help me? My computer is a HP pavilion and the model number is p7-1254. I have a Windows 7 64 bit.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Provost
Provost
29,934 27,539 1,807 5,035
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Boot into the BIOS (F10) and change the VT setting to enable and save.  See the below image.

Holly virtualization.jpg

HP doesn't support VT on consumer PCs.  There has been mixed results with getting VT to work.

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
Bman243 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Oh Thank you so much. But to be honest, I already was still trying to look up an answer and I found one before I looked at the one you posted. But still, thank you so much for helping! The solution you provided was exactly what I needed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HilarioH Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

In reference to the Virtualization Technology enabling issue. I have enabled it as shown here but the Microsoft tool still says it is available but not enable. 

What is going on?

Support people are saying that HP does not actually support it. The feature is on the BIOS already and made available on the HP menus and very much need it as propably many more people. Why is been blocked, if thAT IS THE CASE?

Thanks,

Hilario Hernandez

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation