cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jl_guerault
Just joined
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Convert a file extension .hpimg into .img for a MDT deployment

HP Recommended

Hello,

As part of a deployment of Thin clients T610, we planned to deploy the WES 07 image with MDT.

The captured image with HP EasyTools, whose format is .hpimg, isn't recognized by MTD.

I didn't find any tools to convert a file extension .hpimg into img, but I found out on the forums that it is possible to rename the file .hpimg into .img.

Have you ever used this technique?

If not, could you recommend a method to generate a WES 07 snapshot for MTD?

Thank you

Jean-Louis

2 REPLIES 2
IR1
Level 3
36 36 4 2
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Jean-Louis,

I am not familiar with MTD tool you describe. Does MTD support sector by sector disk restoration? hpimg is a sector-by-sector image of the disk you capture.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
dinu99
Level 3
30 17 2 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
yes mdt doesn't support sector based imaging. it's file based similar to clone/update task in hpdm & MDT useses WIM format unlike hpdm which uses (.ibr) format
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation