Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP-envy 1271er
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I tried to follow the instruction 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72uwa0OZPPw&feature=youtu.be .

I downladed file sp66773.exe and launched it but after accepting terms of use there was no screen with choosing usb drive and after that I got an error message on the screen:

IHISI: Get support mode fail in SMI

After pressing "Ok" button i got:

BIOS did not support  InsydeFlash.

And that is all.

So what I'm doing wrong?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Please post your full product Number

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/findModel?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Please Do Not post your s/n

HP Product number label.gif

HP Recommended

E0Z74EA#ACB

HP Recommended

Evidently that bios version does not support making a bootable usb. It must be flashed while in Windows, which makes no sense when it won't boot.

HP Recommended

So there is no way to update my version of BIOS when Windows couldn't be loaded?

Does Windows 10 installation process automatically update BIOS? 

HP Recommended

@1271er wrote:

So there is no way to update my version of BIOS when Windows couldn't be loaded?

Does Windows 10 installation process automatically update BIOS? 

1. Not as far as I can tell

2. No.

It is best to install the original OS and then flash the bios in Windows, Some older bios flash utilities do not work in Windows 10.

HP Recommended

SP72954 contains many .bin, .sig and .s12 files that can be used along with the Firmware options in the HP_TOOLS diagnostics utility to update your BIOS. SP63599 allows you to create a USB that contains the diagnostics which will launch upon pressing F2 at the Boot/Startup Menu. Just copy the relevant .bin,.sig &.s12 files onto the USB then use the Firmware option to select the .bin file.

This worked for me today using 01894.bin... 

Cheers,

Kevin

HP Recommended

Ok I'll try it

Could you provide  links to download both files?

HP Recommended

Normally you would download any SoftPaq via support.hp.com - but yesterday I seemed to have problems downloading SP72954 from there - so I eventually found a downloadable version at - ftp://g4u0180.houston.hp.com/ftp4/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72954.exe. Just run it to upack the source files and then you will find the BIOS files in /field/Hewlett-Packard/current (if I remember correctly).

SP63599 can be found at http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_125296_1&swEnvOid=4063

HTH,

Kevin

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.