cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Steph4000 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Desktop partially powers up, no keyboard, mouse, input to monitor, no power light at 'ON' button.

Power supply light is on and solid. Fans are on. Monitor is on just not getting input from case. Wall outlets are fine. Cables are fine. Dust gone. I unplugged and replugged all the connections I could get to. We replaced the 2032 coin battery, but then when it didn't work we put the old one back, the way it was. We removed RAM to look at it and I assured it's back in place.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,934 19,567 1,635 2,703
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Desktop partially powers up, no keyboard, mouse, input to monitor, no power light at 'ON' button.

@Steph4000

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the computer is not booting into windows anymore,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Although, I need a few details to provide an accurate solution:

Was any update process interrupted, recently?

When was the last time it worked (date)?

What are the product name and a number of your PC? (Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..).

Have you attempted any steps of your own to solve the issue?

The fact that there are lights turned on at the power button, AC adapter and capslock confirms there is power being supplied,

However, since the computer isn't booting to windows, please attempt the below steps:

Perform a hard reset

Attempt a BIOS recovery

Run the System Diagnostics tests

For more steps, click here

Let me know if those steps worked for you. 
If they did, that’s awesome! 
Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation