cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Inept_user
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dual monitors error message "Didn't detect another display"

HP Pavilion 550-152I
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Both of my monitors are working fine, but it is just the same picture being duplicated. The point of this setup is obviously to get an extended picture rather than having two monitors showing the same thing. The problem is, when I go to display settings, only one monitor is detected (which is not even technically true since both are lit up).

The computer is an HP Pavilion 550-152I, and the monitors are running off of HDMI cables (the computer has two HDMI outputs).

I have checked the display settings both by right clicking on the desktop and by going through the Control Panel, but neither is detecting a second monitor.
I have tried updating display adapter drivers via the device manager, but it made no difference.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 450 845
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dual monitors error message "Didn't detect another display"

Hi there @Inept_user,

May the Forums be with you!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.  I understand that you are having some trouble extending your display on multiple displays.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

What are the models of the displays that you are using? 

What type of connection is it that you are using as well?

Are there any specific drivers for those displays that need to be installed?

First please work through this: HP Desktop PCs - Using Two or More Monitors with One Computer (Windows 10)

Please let me know whether any of that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation