Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OMEN 870-200 NL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello ,

I have a compatibility problem with a program that performs screen captures.

I think it's due to the graphics card that in this system (Omen 270 200 nl) is the Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB.

I noticed that unlike my others computers, the integrated card is fully disabled.

Only works dedicated graphics card.

I can enable the integrated video card? there is a procedure for that?
Assistance, pointed me to ask on this forum.

There are risks to doing this? The HP warranty may expire?

They do not work either, only the integrated I would try to see if my problems with that program are resolved.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

When a discrete video card is installed, the onboard graphics is disabled and cannot be enabled unless the discrete video card is removed.

See the specs for your PC below...Under the Video Graphics specification>Integrated Graphics...

note:

Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-200/13687063/model/15586277/document/c05385418

HP Recommended

Thanks really much for your reply.

Remove the Gtx 1060 , in your opinion , It involves the warranty expires?

if I decide to do this, once removed, that would be integrated card already ready to run? or you need some other work inside the machine?

Thanks again .

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

None of us on this forum are permitted to represent HP regarding warranty issues.

I would say that if you didn't break anything when you removed the discrete video card, that the warranty would not be voided.

If you decide to remove the video card, first go to the control panel>programs, and uninstall any nVidia programs you see listed there.

Then go to the device manager, click to expand the display adapters device manager category.

Right click on the nVidia display adapter and select Uninstall.  Also check the Uninstall Driver box.

Shut down and unplug the PC, press the power button to drain any residual electricity from the motherboard, remove the video cable from the graphics card, and remove the graphics card.

Then connect the video cable to one of the onboard graphics ports, hook everything back up and when you are in Windows again you will need to install the Intel graphics adapter from your PC's support page.

That should be all you need to do.

HP Recommended

I do not have the right words to say thank you.

100000000 k Ty.

Have a nice day.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

You have a nice day too!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.