cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
9 8 0 3
Message 1 of 24
Flag Post

HDMI Input - Or Display Menu Buttons Issue

HP Recommended

All,

I have Envy 23 from November 2012

Model #: 23-d050xt

Product #: C1A78AV#ABA

Serial #:[Personal Information Removed]

Software Build #: 12NA3AC8603#SABA#DABA

Service ID #: 20121212

PCBRAND #: HP

OS #: B

THe Display Menu BUttons on the right hand side don't activate anything.

I can however prove they are being "activated"

If I swipe up on the loging screen and clear the first wallpaper, enabling the touch keyboard - then touch a display menu button on the right side of the monitor above the HDMI input  - the system clears the touch keyboard.

The motherboard appears to be getting a command from the button(s).

I can not get a Menu to appear, I can not use the Gaming Port.

I cannot tell if this is a Hardware issue or a software issue.

All Suggestions welcome?

[Personal Information Removed]

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
16,541 17,373 957 2,203
Message 2 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey RowellWorkSIte

I understand you are notable to not tell if this is a Hardware issue or a software issue.

I would recommend using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics.

The download is available in blue partway down the page.

Hope that helps, let me know.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
17 15 0 2
Message 3 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem.  Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
10,400 10,963 247 610
Message 4 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI ssmaupin. Can you clarify the issue? Are the "display buttons" on the right hand side in the Windows 8 charms bar? What exactly are you trying to do, connect a 2nd display?
Also can you provide your computers model number? What version of Windows do you have installed?

<How Do I Find My TouchSmart Desktop Model Number>: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01492484

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
17 15 0 2
Message 5 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Display menu buttons is when you push the Menu button (top button located on the HDMI game console on the right side of the TouchSmart monitor that I had HP.com add to my computer when I custom ordered it).  When this button is pushed it is supposed to display some onscreen options that allow you to put the monitor in game mode so a hdmi game console can be plugged in and you can use the screen as a monitor for a game console.  It also brings up options to adjust certain things on the monitor.  Refer to this link please:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03058558  I am trying to connect a game console to the monitor via the HDMI Game Console [HDMI input].  Computer model is ENVY 23-d260qd, product number D6U53AV#ABA running Windows 8.1 64 bit, AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7650A Graphics, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770S CPU @ 3.10GHz, 16GB system memory.  I have been in contact with HP support via online chat and they are not a lot of help.  Telling me it is driver issues and to update drivers.  I have done all that and still nothing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
9 8 0 3
Message 6 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have connected both a UVerse and Playstation3 devicesinto this port. Both consoles work perfect connected to HDMI televisions. BUt nothing ever shows on the HP All-in-one.

It's like the HDMI port is disabled someplace.

DOes anyone know if the port is software controlled through the video card or just a hardware button like on a traditional monitor or TV?

-Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
9 8 0 3
Message 7 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Really what I want to see is someone post that there HDMI port works?

I read that one person has ever had it work and I'll tear this system down and rebuild it from scratch.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
17 15 0 2
Message 8 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would certanly like to find someone who has been able to get it to work too.  I paid and extra $50 to have this feature and I can't even use it.  I'm quite sure it is some kind of driver issue or conflict with another driver causing the menu buttons to not be able to switch it from PC mode to Game mode.  So very frustrating.  I often wonder if the Apple/Mac products are this buggy.  If they truly work all the time they may be worth the premium price.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
10,400 10,963 247 610
Message 9 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks ssmaupin. I think this is the "Scaler Card - HDMI in" option.  So to clarify, you are stating the physical button is not switching from displaying your PC to display what is plugged into the HDMI port?   Has this ever worked for you? The document you sent indicated there is a remote control. Did yours come with one? If so do those buttons work? 

What about using a different HDMI cable? Do you have a different HDMI device (ie. DVD player) that you can try?

I know it specifically states to connect while everything is on. Since that is not working can you see if it behaves differently if you make the HDMI connection while the computer and game console are turned off. Then turn the computer back on and after Windows load, turn the console on. Then test the button again.

Let me know how this goes for you.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
17 15 0 2
Message 10 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is the "Scaler Card - HDMi in" option.  You are correct in the physical button not switching the display.  The button did work when I first received my computer the end of August.  It would bring up the on screen items that you see in Figure 3: Display menu of the link I posted earlier Figure 3: Display menuGame mode menu

At that time I did not have a game console to plug in but the buttons worked.  As you know, they do not now.  I have tried different cables, also I have tried plugging in my Motorola Xoom tablet, Motorola Droid 3, Satellite/DVR, and a Blu-Ray player with no luck.  I just tried the Blu-Ray player with the computer off and player off and plugged in to the HDMI port, booted computer, from the Windows Start screen I then turned on the player.  Button did not work.  I did update to Windows 8.1  in October.  As I mention in my post on the other thread "Windows 8.1 upgrade screwed up my hdmi out & other stuff on my g7-2022us" I have einstalled graphic drivers from AMD Radeon HD 7650A as well as HP My Display software.  I'm inclined to believe it is some sort of drive incompatibility with Windows 8.1.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation