Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (513 Views)

HP Bios Configuration Utility - Accept the BIOS System Configuration Change Request using SCCM 2012

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Bios Configuration Utility
Operating System: Other

IMG_20160927_174413.jpg

Dear all,

I'm trying to automate the bios settings with the latest HP Bios Configuration Utility using SCCM 2012.

When the task is rebooting the system, I get this message.

"The following configuration change has been requested"

How do I automate to accept this up front?

Kind regards

Dries

0 Kudos
Teacher
Message 2 of 5 (466 Views)

Re: HP Bios Configuration Utility - Accept the BIOS System Configuration Change Request using SCCM 2

hi , 

Could you please try the steps below :

1.Restart the unit 

2.Keep tapping F10 to get into BIOS screen 

3.Advanced tab >> intel virtualization technoogy >> enable 

4.Move onto Save and exit tab >> yes 

Let me know the status of the unit 

I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (463 Views)

Re: HP Bios Configuration Utility - Accept the BIOS System Configuration Change Request using SCCM 2

Dear,

I'm trying to automate these steps.

So in my task sequence I enable this step, but after the reboot I need to physically "Accept" the message by pressing a Key.

I want to automate the whole process by not touching the machine.

Dries

Teacher
Message 4 of 5 (458 Views)

hi dries,

I understand your concern . I would inform you that the latest BIOS needs the virtualization option to be enabled in BIOS .

Once you save and exit in BIOS by enabling virtualization option in BIOS setup of unit .

I will automatically proceed with updating the BIOS on unit . One more thing keep the unit plugged in charging because unit should not be powered off while updating BIOS . If it shuts down inbetween , it leads to motherboard failure. 

I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!

Honor Student
Message 5 of 5 (433 Views)

[ Edited ]

Dear,

As updating the bios is one of the last steps in the tasksequence.

They first need to pass the change of the bios settings.

As I want to fully automate these steps ...

Kind regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation